Here’s a video demonstration of ‘messing around with watercolours until it looks like a fox’.
We used a few presets from https://ambient-design.tumblr.com/post/151404985497/ambient-design-looking-for-some-good-sumi-e for the lines and the blending.
The most confusing and fun thing about the Watercolor Brush is how much it changes when you keep going over the same spots, layering, and mixing up paint.
- Use layers
- Build up paint first then go over it to add detail
- Adjust Loading and Thinners a lot to get the effects you need
- Remember the Watercolor layer blend mode
- Use the Wet palette knife
- And don’t be afraid to just mess around!